Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for Electric Bikes - 1 1/4" hitchwrite a review
If you've got a 1 1/4" receiver hitch, rack options for eBikes are few and far between, since most require a 2" receiver hitch. Consider this version of the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for Electric Bikes, one of the few models on the market with 1 1/4" compatibility. It also includes an aluminum adapter, so it works on 2" hitches also.
You can think of this rack as the "electric" version of Hollywood's popular Sport Rider SE2 model. It carries 2 eBikes or 2 standard bikes and includes extra heavy-duty wheel holders, offers a fold-up design to save space when not in use, and tilts down for easy cargo access.
Also includes a keyed-alike locking hitch pin and security cable, so you can lock your bikes to the rack, and the rack to your car/truck.
Does this fit my vehicle?
This rack is designed for 1 1/4" Class 2 (or above) hitches. Not all 1 1/4" receiver hitches are the Class 2 type. The Class 1 and 2 types both use 1 1/4" receivers, but a Class 1 hitch typically has a lower tongue weight rating and lower towing rate (often 200 lbs and 2,000 lbs.) Class 2 hitches, in contrast, typically have a higher tongue weight rating of 350 lbs and towing rating of 3,500 lbs.
Check your hitch to be sure what type you have.
- Capacity: Two Bikes (Max. 80 lbs per bike)
- Fits Class 2 1 1/4" and 2" hitches.
- Class 1 hitches will not work.
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 60”
- Maximum tire width: 5”
- Features extra heavy duty wheel holders (Now with a ratchet straps and rim protectors), an internally reinforced frame and external brace for heavy load carrying capacity
- Includes keyed alike locking hitch pin, 8’ security cable and locking frame hooks
- Uses a locking threaded 1/2-13 hitch pin
- Folds flat against car when not in use
- Tilts down for easy cargo door access
- Rack Weight: 58 lbs.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- May not work with 20" wheel, fat tire eBikes due to interference with the derailleur hanger. Hollywood's SW-ADP-U Small Wheel Adapter is needed for this unusual fit.
- Bicycles with step-thru frames or sloping top tube frames need Hollywood's Bike Adapter ("top tube substitute")
- Not for use on front hitches.
- Not for use with a hitch extension longer than 8"
- Not for use with Hollywood's Sport Rider SE2 add-on kit or the Sport Rider SE Cargo Carrier add-on kit
- Not for use with any RV, trailer, fifth wheel, or towed vehicle. Consider the Hollywood RV Rider for this purpose as an alternative
SHIPPING, RETURNS, AND ASSEMBLY
All eBikes ship free to the 48 continental United States, every eBike, every order, every day.
In-stock items arrive to you in 1-5 business days, depending on your location. We ship from Dallas, Texas.
Pro Assembly or DIY options
Do it yourself, or get pro assembly at hundreds of partner bike shops nationwide for a fee. Learn more.
Buy an eBike with affordable monthly payments when you choose Affirm at checkout (on approved credit.) Learn more.