Saris MHS Base 1+1 Universal Hitchwrite a review
Saris' new MHS (Modular Hitch System) sets new standards for strength, stability, and reliability in hitch-mount bicycle carriers. This version, the MHS Base 1+1 Universal Hitch, is ideal for riders who want to primarily carry a single bike with the flexibility to add the ability to carry a second bike as needed in the future. It's the only version of the MHS base that works with both 1 1/4" and 2" hitches.
* this item is only the base portion. Add optional bike tray(s) for each bike you want to carry on the MHS. This allows you to upgrade or swap equipment as your needs change.
Benefits of the MHS system
- trays can easily and quickly be added or removed to the MHS base as your requirements change
- the MHS Base 1+1 Universal Hitch works with 1 1/4" and 2" hitches
- This is the lightest, smallest MHS base in the Saris line-up, but it's limited to max 2 bikes. Also: it's the only MHS base that works 1 1/4" hitches, the MHS bases with more capacity require 2" hitches only.
Adding bike trays to the MHS Base 1+1 Universal Hitch
- Want to carry one bike? Add a Saris Duo 1 bike tray and you're all set.
- Want to carry two bikes? Add a Saris Duo 1 bike tray, plus a Duo 1 bike add-on.
- Tilting capability allows you to have access to your trunk or hatchback without removing bikes from the rack.
- Integrated locks keep the MHS secure
- Hitch Tighter system for a rock-solid connection to the hitch
- Allows you to add future accessories built for the MHS system to go beyond bikes
SHIPPING, RETURNS, AND ASSEMBLY
All eBikes ship free to the 48 continental United States, every eBike, every order, every day.
In-stock items arrive to you in 1-5 business days, depending on your location. We ship from Dallas, Texas.
Pro Assembly or DIY options
Do it yourself, or get pro assembly at hundreds of partner bike shops nationwide for a fee. Learn more.
Buy an eBike with affordable monthly payments when you choose Affirm at checkout (on approved credit.) Learn more.